Friday, May 20, 2011

SIS

Today I had an appt for the first step in this process - a saline infused sonogram or SIS.  This is used to check for any fibroids or polyps inside the uterus that might interfere with an embryo implanting.

They told me to take 400mgs of Motrin about an hour before the appointment.  When I checked in the receptionist asked me if I had taken my Motrin.  The nurse I saw in the hall asked if I had taken my Motrin.  The nice lady that walked me to my room asked if I had taken my Motrin.  Good grief.  What are they going to do to me?  As I'm sitting in the room unclothed from the waist down, I have too much time to look around.  I will never understand why they lay all the instruments out in full view while you're waiting.  These instruments do nothing to calm any jitters you might have about the procedure.  Nothing, I tell you.  The doctor came in and asked if I had taken my Motrin.  That didn't help either.

The procedure itself wasn't too bad.  No polyps or fibroids were found so we were given the go ahead for the next step.  I'll be having a trial transfer on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment