Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our 10th anniversary and we couldn't have gotten better news.  The nurse called this afternoon and my beta is 220.  I am officially pregnant!  I will go again on Friday to make sure the numbers are multiplying like they should.  There are no words to describe how we're feeling so I'm not even going to try.  Let's just say a lot of prayers have been said and a lot of tears have been shed.  This is still very early and we are certainly not "out of the woods".  But we are choosing to celebrate this awesome news that we've waited over 5 years for.

Since my body is now producing HCG on its own, they need to really keep an eye on the hyperstimulation.  I'm pretty uncomfortable and there is definitely a lot of fluid in there.  I walked into the lab this morning to get my blood drawn and the lady thought I was there for the glucose test - a test you take when you're about 5-6 months pregnant.  I'm going in tomorrow for my doctor to check me out.  The good news is that it will eventually go away.  Oh yeah, and that I'm pregnant.  :-)

I took a picture on the day I found out I was pregnant with Taylor.  I thought it might be fun to compare.  There is (literally) a huge difference.  I'll post those tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment