Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bump in the road

I had bloodwork and an u/s this morning to check my e2 levels, my lining and my ovaries.  My lining was great, my right ovary was great but my left ovary has a cyst.  He said if it's an estrogen producing cyst he will need to aspirate it before we can proceed.  If he doesn't, the cyst will interfere with the stimulation process.  If it isn't producing estrogen we can leave it alone and start the shots tonight.  We had to wait on the bloodwork for my e2 levels.

I got the call at 5:15 this afternoon that my levels are too high which means the cyst is active.  They scheduled me for an aspiration tomorrow morning.  The procedure is exactly the same as when they drained the fluid from my abdomen when I had OHSS.  I'm trying not to freak out.

Brandon is in the field training cadets and doesn't have much cell phone coverage.  I texted him and said, "Call when you get a chance.  I'm freaking out a little.  Nothing is wrong."  I wish I would have taken a few extra seconds to think about that before sending it.  Oh well.  He called in under 5 minutes worried to death.  I'm trying to tell him what's going on but I could hardly hear him because the wind was so bad.  Turns out one of the only places he has coverage is at the top of this mountain.  He happened to be standing up there because he was waiting on a helicopter to come pick him up.  Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment